Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dan points out that I have been extremely delinquent about posting, and that he can't write about more recent Cow over Four developments until I write about the roast I made a couple of weekends ago.

There's really not a whole lot to say about it. The recipe, Balsamic and Onion Pot Roast, is extremely simple and can be found here. Although this time I made it on a Sunday, it's a great weeknight meal. Just brown the roast the night before and turn the crockpot on before you leave for work in the morning.

Some other things we've eaten with cow parts:

* Pan burgers, again, using the technique Dan described in a previous entry. This time I had blue cheese on mine. Earth-shattering, I know.
* Pizza topped with ground beef, again, with spinach this time instead of peas. Can't remember if Dan mentioned this before, but our go-to pizza crust is Vicolo's premade cornmeal crust, which you can learn more about here. This is really more "assembling" than "cooking," but the results are always tasty.
* Tacos. Just basic ground beef tacos. Not much else to say.
* Ribeye steaks. This was a weeknight meal and we didn't have ingredients for pan sauce, but with a steak this good you don't really need it.

All right, I'm caught up! Which means Dan is free to post his exciting Cow over Four news.

No comments:

Post a Comment